July 26, 2013

Let's go waaaaaay back: Part 1

 
Waaay-black-when! :)
 
Was watching an old episode of Moesha this morning and it got me thinking about all those shows that were a big part of my formative years.
 
1. Good Times
 
 
Remember this "Sugar Shack" Ernie Barnes painting?
 
I didn't quite understand English and I certainly couldn't speak it. But even then, I understood three things: a) Thelma's hair was amazing b) Ol girl had style c) Jay Jay was hi-larious
 
The 'Kid Dynomite"!
 
 
2. The Cosy Show
 
 
 
It was the height of apartheid and a little black girl like myself needed to see this one.
 
That Mr & Mrs Huxtable love
 
 And well if not for that, there was always Theo.
 
 
Cute and fwaaaaayn Theooo
 
3. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
 
 
I can safely trace my hots for funny boys to this show.
 
4. Martin
 
 
This one needs no introduction. Wazzup...wazzup...wazUUUUUP!
 
It's Mz Jenkins beeesch!
 
 
And who can forget that Martin & Gina kinda love?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 (to be continued)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment